Please read – important information
I am excited to finally hit the road with all of you. In preparation for tomorrow, please take the time to review the following information:
- Route map. You should have received an email notice inviting you to view the route map online. You can access it from your mobile phone during the walk. It shows the exact route, the location of rest stops with mileage, special instructions and turn-by-turn directions. You will also receive a printed version at the start line. (If you did not receive an email notice to view the map it means you do not have a Google account tied to the email on file with us.)
- Cell phones. Your phone will be very useful for communication during the walk. If you have extra battery packs, you’ll want to bring them.
- Please label any gear you plan to leave in the support vehicle (duffel bag, phone charger, etc.). This will help us be more efficient in getting the right stuff to the right people.
- Facebook group. If you have not yet joined our WalkFifty group, please click here and request to join. We will use the group to share photos, humor and thought-provoking conversation during the walk.
- Although we will do our best to support you during the walk, the best strategy is to plan on being self-sufficient. At a minimum, you will have access to your gear at Rest Stop 7 (just before the midway point) and at the finish.
- Finally, please review the FAQ page.
Thank you again for taking this journey with me. I look forward to seeing you in the morning.